Thursday, July 27, 2006

Time (and Technology) Flies

The other day, we had a scheduling conflict. My wife wanted to watch a documentary on television. My soon to be 3 year old wanted to watch some cartoons. You get the picture.

Then like a bolt of lightning it hit me - Google Video - and my daughter watched to her heart's content. During which, it got me thinking, what product and marketing developments will she see over the course of her life? I look back and reflect over the past 20 odd years:
  • Television (Color, Cable, Satellite, Digital Cable)
  • Recording Devices (VCR's, DVD's, TiVo)
  • Computers (Desktops, Laptops)
  • The Internet (Websites, Email, Search Engines, Blogs, RSS)
  • Mobile Technology (Palm Pilots, Cell phones, Crack Berries)
  • Portable Devices (Digital Cameras, iPods, MP3 players)

I'm sure I've missed stuff and the convergence of things but man, she is in store for one wild ride as technology and the online space are not slowing down.

I always tell her to fasten her seatbelt but didn't realize it would apply outside of the car as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home